I thought you might like this DIY bentonite clay wash for hair. It’s wonderful without the green juice, but has an extra b-vitamin boost of awesome with it in!
Very few people wake up craving green juice.
They’re not like us.
So this morning, I turned on the camera while making my morning “coffee” — MAGNIFICENCE.
Here’s all you’ll need:
- kale leaves & stem
- a fistful of spinach
Add Natural Sweetness
Magnificent Benefits of this Green Queen:
- calms the digestive system
- balances, lifts mood
- cleanses and detoxes the body of heavy metals, toxins
- decreases belly fat (like doing 50 crunches…but not)
- stabilizes blood sugar, which eliminates sugar cravings
- gives a natural energy boost that lasts longer than 5 hours
- clears skin and gives it a healthy glow
- gives your body a HUGE dose of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients with each sip
- helps hair growth
There’s no better way to start the week than with Joy! The celery in this juice will cleanse and purify your system, the apples will sweetly help your hair detox environmental toxins and pesticides, and the green leafy’s — oxygenate the blood, give you energy, and give your cellular body a big juicy hug!
It’s not just a green juice…it’s love in a glass!
We used a lot of edible products in this challenge, and now have the habit of using food & plant-based sources for our products.
Today’s recipe is not only good enough to eat, it’s good enough to replace whatever you’re using now for butter.
I must tell you, I really love butter.
I mean, really.
If you’re looking for foods to add to your diet for healthier hair and hair growth — add this one to your list!
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED:
- flaxseed eggs
- lemon juice
- coconut oil
- olive oil
- sunflower oil (or rice bran oil, safflower oil, canola oil)
- container or jar to store butter in
Make the flaxseed eggs first.
If you have whole flaxseeds, you’ll need to grind these up first.
This can be done in your blender or with a coffee grinder. You can buy ground flaxseed meal. Bob’s Mill’s makes a good brand, but look around you local stores. Flaxseeds are easy to find.
If you’re making your own ground flaxseeds:
Grind 1/2 cup of flaxseeds on high for up to 1 minute.
You’ll need to prepare the flaxseeds before making this recipe.
Prepare flaxseed eggs and add them to the blender.
Flaxseed Egg Recipe
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- Whisk or stir flaxseeds, then let sit for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk again to incorporate all the water, and add it to your recipe.
Homemade Vegan Butter Recipe
- 2 flaxseed eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons organic rice bran oil (or sunflower oil)
- 3 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 10 tablespoons raw, organic coconut oil
- Add flaxseed eggs to your blend, along with lemon juice and salt.
- Turn the blender on the lowest speed.
- Slowly pour in the sunflower oil. DO NOT POUR THIS ALL AT ONCE. We are emulsifying the oils so the slower you go the better.
- After the sunflower oil is added, gradually add the olive oil and the coconut oil.
- Once the ingredients are added, pour blend into your container or jar.
- Allow butter to get firm in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving.
This butter will last in your refrigerator for up to 3 months (I’ve never had some longer than this:)
If you have little ones, this recipe is also kid-tested and approved!
***Recipe Bonus | Body Butter Recipe
If you leave out the flaxseed eggs, lemon and salt, this makes a deeply moisturizing body butter. Add your favorite essentials for fragrance (ylang ylang and palmarosa smell really good together: 2 drops each)
Juice Tip: I forgot to add an apple to the ingredient list above. This juice is sweet enough with the pineapple, but i like ginger and apple together. If you are seeking more sugar-free options to sweeten your juice, consider adding low-glycemic fruit (stevia. I use sweet leaf stevia (lemon drop).
Today’s recipe comes from my son. He’s not a huge fan of green juice, even though he drinks it almost every day.
So when I find one that he want’s more of (like he’s drinking a juicy juice) I take notice, and quickly write down the ingredients!
This is one of those recies…and it’s made with our favorite sugar-free, non-blood sugar raising stevia!
WHAT IS STEVIA?
Stevia is a plant-based sweetener and sugar substitute that is about 300x sweeter than sugar. A little will go around the world and back so start with one drop and gradually increase. When buying this luscious sweetener – read the product label carefully. It should be 100% pure – with no added ingredients.
THE GREEN BUDDHA JUICE RECIPE
The Green Buddha
Light, sweet, and refreshing. Balance your mood, increase weight loss, improve the quality of your sleep and experience a deeper level of mental clarity - one sip at a time.
- 1/4 ginger
- 1/4 lemon
- 1/4 pineapple
- 1 cucumber
- 2 kale leaves and stems
Wash, prep, and peel ingredients in the order listed (sweetest ingredients first)
Run the ingredients through your juicer.
Drink & repeat this Hair Affirmation: My Word Creates My World
There are lots of Green Goddess recipes. If you juice long enough (over a day) you’ll make one up of your own!
- 1/2 pineapple
- 2 kale leaves and stems
- 1 fistful of spinach
- 1 cucumber
- 1 orange
- 1 mango